Monday, March 13, 2017

Portfolio

Daedalus & Icarus
The father and son duo trapped into the maze that Daedalus had created himself. Will they manage to ever escape? Do they manage to gain their freedom? I have not included an ending in this story, leaving it up to you guys. Let me know what you all come up with in your comments.

Image result for daedalus and icarus

Arachne & Athena
Pride and ego can ruin a lot of things but knowing when to back off can help save you. In this story I did not write the ending because I wanted you guys to make your own. Let me know what you all come up with in your comments.


Pyramus & Thisbe
This is the story of two lovers that could never meet. They never saw each other but through the eyes of their hearts they fell in love through a small crack.

Image result for mulberry tree pyramus and thisbe
Mulberry Tree by Vincent Van Gogh (1889)

1 comment:

  1. So I decided to read over Pyramus & Thisbe, solely because I am a sucker for love stories. This one actually reminded me of Romeo & Juliet, especially the way you explained the original story in the author's note. I do like how you incorporated your own first meeting prior to their demise, though it somewhat confused me of how they were even connected through the crack. Meaning that they were neighbors and yet they could see through each other's walls, unless they were apartment neighbors? It would've been nice to see them communicate through windows, but I do love the idea/affect of a crack in the wall. It gives for more mystery that's for sure. At the very end, maybe you could add parentheses around the comment that mentions leaving the story with a cliffhanger, because it got confusing as I expected a brief end. Though you really offered a self-given ending with that, because not all of us would've wanted to read another tragic love story, but instead we could paint a happier one instead. It would've been nice to understand why the families didn't like each other as well, just to add a bit more back drop. Overall it was very well executed and I enjoyed the forbidden romance very much!

    ReplyDelete