Sunday, January 8, 2017

Reading Options

story illustration


I think for week 2 and 3 I will stick with reading Ovid's Metamorphoses but I am not sure on which unit yet. I like reading about greek/roman mythology so reading these will be informative and fun.
Ovid's Metamorphoses

For week 4 and 5 I could read about ancient Egypt and the Ramayana. I can learn about Ancient Egyptians and another spin of the Ramayana. I have read stories about both subjects but I think I can learn more about the 2 from these readings.
Week 4/5

I think for week 6 I will read about the Monkey King, that seems like a good way into the Chinese culture. This will give me a more in-depth look at them too. I have never heard or read stories about them so this would help me out.
Week 6

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you want to look at the Monkey-King, Shruti! It's pretty clear that Hanuman was a kind of inspiration for the Monkey-King even though, as you will see, the Monkey-King does not have Hanuman's personality at all. You can find out more about the background here: Sun Wukong — it mentions Hanuman there in one of the opening paragraphs! :-)

    ReplyDelete