Sunday, January 8, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Storybook 1

Right from the title I knew that it had to do with Greek mythology and so I chose to click onto the storybook. I was not wrong, I am familiar with the topic since I took a classical mythology class last semester. The introduction did a fantastic job of letting me know that it was going to tell me stories about some goddess, a love story, and Atlas. It was very specific in that manner and I have always been interested in this topic so it made it easier to read too. The font seemed ancient and it was designed in a good manner. The stories were easy to find and not confusing at all. Overall I liked the approach of this storybook

Storybook 2

This second story also had to do with the Greek mythology and that was also easy to guess from the title. I chose to open it and I was not disappointed by what I found. It is about Hera and from the introduction it seems like it is going to be about Zeus and his exploits at being unfaithful to his wife. The design of this storybook is more of a dark, somber, and old mobsters movie look going for it. I feel like it fits Hera's character in this storybook from what I have read so far.


This story was different than the previous two and I only clicked on it because it was about elephants and they are my favorite. The introduction did a good job of telling me that it is going to be about a father telling his children bedtime stories, which I personally found endearing. The design of it was light and colorful which suits the childlike wonder and storytelling part. I have not read anything after the introduction so I do not know what happens but I like the way the introduction was written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment